Tuesday, August 12, 2014

First Day of School 2014

Today was the first day of school for Ethan and Carter. Jacob and Megan still have a couple weeks of summer left. Ethan's teacher called me and let us come visit last week so that she could learn a little more about his apraxia and let him see the room without all of the chaos of Open House. I greatly appreciate that she went out of her way to schedule that. It made it a lot easier on Ethan, and me as well, because he was excited about going to school instead of being nervous.
Carter headed out the door first to begin his 8th grade year. I think he was looking forward to seeing all of his friends again.





Kenny took Carter to school and was back home in time to see Ethan get on the bus.

 This happens to be my favorite photo of the day! They gave each other one last hug on the way to the bus stop. They have been together every day since Jacob was born, so this is quite an adjustment. Jacob was crying last night about Ethan going to school today, so Ethan let him sleep with him last night. They truly are best friends, and I hope that never changes.



When Ethan got to his seat, he waved and blew kisses to us. Adorable!

When  Megan and Carter went to kindergarten, I was a 1st grade teacher in their schools, so sending Ethan all alone was scary and emotional for me. I worried about him all day and Jacob missed him terribly.
Evidently, I had nothing to worry about, because he got off of the bus all smiles and said he had a great day. He told me all about it on the walk back to our house.



Carter said he had a great day too. He has classes with lots of his friends and his cousin too.
I couldn't be happier that both boys had a great first day, and I pray that they both have an amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...