Today we celebrated Carter's 10th birthday, and Jacob's first! We were so happy that our families were able to spend the day with us. The party wasn't until 4:00 so that Ethan and Jacob could get their naps in. It was kind of hard for Carter to wait, but I kept him busy by having him go with me to pick up the balloons and some last minute items for the party. When we got home, he helped Kenny fill the goody bags for his cousins.
We served pizza for dinner during the party. It's just easier for us to do that during the winter when everyone is gathered in the kitchen. After that, the boys opened their gifts and then it was time for cake. I made their cakes this year using my new Cricut Cake Mini. It was the first time I had ever used fondant, so I was pleased with how they turned out. I also made cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting, cake truffles, and chocolate dipped marshmallows.
I loved every minute of the celebration, and look forward to many more with these two wonderful boys!
Carter's WWE (wrestling) cake
Jacob's Mickey Mouse smash cake
Mickey Mouse cupcakes
Ready for the party!
Jacob is so happy to be one!
He's showing off his Mickey birthday shirt.
Jacob didn't know what to do, so he just started pushing the buttons.
He's going all in!
Or so he thought..... the fondant was a little hard for a one year old.
Not enjoying the Mickey ears.
Carter with all of his new stuff. He got lots of money too!
Proud parents and their two birthday boys!
Finally, it's Carter's turn!
He was a very patient big brother.
Last, but not least...
Aunt Heidi made him get his picture taken with the cupcake hat!
Such a good sport!
I love you Carter and Jacob!
I hope you both enjoyed your party!






Happy Birthday to your boys! Love the cakes. I'm making Brynlee's ladybug cake for her birthday. How much would you charge me to have you cricut "BRYNLEE" for her cake if you'd be willing to do it?
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great party! Love, love, love the cakes! You did such a great job on everything! Happy birthday Jacob and Carter!
ReplyDelete