Since the summer, Ethan has had long blond curls that frame his cute, little dimpled face. I have LOVED his hair and hadn't planned on cutting it- that is... until last week, when I took the kids to the dentist and he was mistaken for a little girl. I didn't think that his hair was that long, but it got me thinking that maybe it was time for a trim. Not an actual cut, but a trim. Kenny has wanted Ethan to get his hair cut for awhile, so he didn't hesitate in making an appointment to get it done. Saturday was the day!
Megan and Ethan were scheduled to get their hair trimmed at the same time. Ethan was excited to be somewhere new and once again tried to gain the attention of everyone in the waiting area. Mission accomplished there! He can be quite the charmer. Megan was called back first, so I talked to Ethan about her being a big girl and getting to sit in the special chair. He was happy for Megan and even clapped for her, but as soon as the hairdresser called his name, he was overcome with panic. He didn't want anything to do with her or her special chair! Thank goodness we brought Riley blankie! I gave him his blankie, held his hands and talked him through the process. The hairdresser also promised him a sucker if he let her cut his hair. My kids will do just about anything for candy, so that sealed the deal! He sniffled a little, but sat there patiently while she cut away. And did she ever! I had only wanted him to get a TRIM. I even explained to her that he is one of the few people that can actually pull off a "mullet". Well, I guess she misunderstood, because the next thing I knew, Ethan's blond curls were covering the floor! I wanted to cry, and if I could have scooped up the curls and glued them back on, I would have. Well, he's still my Ethan and still a cutie! I do, however, miss the curls, and hope that they return soon.
Megan's trim didn't take very long since she just had the split ends cut off. She doesn't look much different, but her hair looks healthier. I think that it was easier for Ethan, knowing that his sister was there with him, having the same thing done. Thanks, Megan for being a great big sister!
Carter has been wanting new basketball shoes all season, so Kenny took him shoe shopping yesterday after practice. He has had his eye on the new Reebok Zigslash for quite some time, so they were on a quest to find them. They struck out at the first store they went to and decided they might have better luck at the mall. BINGO! They found them. The only problem was that they didn't come in Carter's size. According to Kenny, Carter looked devastated. He needed a size four, but they only had four and a halfs in stock. They said that they could order a size four and that they would be in by the end of the week, but, if you know Carter, then you know that that was the wrong answer! When he wants something, he wants it! Not tomorrow, not next week, but now! I bet you can guess what happened...





Ethan is soooo handsome. He is super cute even without all those curls.
ReplyDeleteKainen has been bugging me about these shoes since before Christmas. He was sure he would be the first kid at school to own them. I guess not now. Now he will be bugging me everyday until he gets a pair like Carter!! Maybe we could keep this a secret and he won't find out Carter has a pair. It could save me some time:)