Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cookie Bandit

We are celebrating Jacob's 1st, and Carter's 10th birthdays on Saturday!  I am trying to incorporate WWE (wrestling) and Mickey Mouse into one party.  Luckily, the colors coordinate, so it shouldn't be too hard.  I decided to start on the cookies today, so that I wouldn't have sooo much to do on Friday and Saturday morning.  I purchased the Wilton alphabet and number cookie cutter set last week, so that I could make Cs, Js, 1s, 0s, Ws and Es.  In addition, I found a recipe for roll out chocolate chip cookies on a blog that I follow.  I ordered the Mickey Mouse cookie cutter from Disney and planned on using it with that dough.  I spent all afternoon baking, and now.... the ears are breaking away from the Mickey cookies, and the sugar cookies are so puffed up that you can't really even tell what they are.  What a bummer!  I will try to redo them tomorrow if there is time.
After nap time, I noticed that Ethan was nowhere to be found and I hadn't heard him for a few minutes.  I called his name and started looking for him.  This is what I eventually found...


He must have thought that the cookies on the cooling rack were free for the taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...