Ethan was officially discharged from the First Steps program this afternoon. Our service coordinator came to our home to complete the final paperwork. It was a little emotional for me because the organization has helped us so much and we are truly grateful for all of the people who have gone out of their way to make sure that Ethan was getting exactly what he needed. I would encourage anyone with concerns about a child under three years of age to contact them for an evaluation. They really do have every child's best interest at heart.
As I was completing the paperwork for dismissal with Jennifer, the phone rang. Because I was busy at the time, I decided to let it go to voice mail. As soon as she left, I went to check the caller ID. I didn't recognize the number, so I checked the messages to see if one had been left. I couldn't believe it! A graduate student with the Rowe Center had called to say that Ethan had been accepted to the program, and that she would be working with him this semester. I called her back to confirm the days and times. Beginning next week, Ethan will receive speech therapy at the Rowe Center on Mondays and Wednesdays. I am so happy! (This is the therapy that is absolutely FREE!)
I guess the saying is true ~ When one door closes, another one opens!
Hope, God had his hand in this. Congrats!! So happy that he will be receiving this therapy.
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Hooray for Ethan...and opened doors...
ReplyDelete