Carter turned ten years old today! I can't believe that he is already in the double digits! To help make his day special, my mom and I took Ethan and Jacob to his school to surprise him with lunch from McDonald's. For dinner, Kenny and I told him that he could choose any restaurant he wanted. He decided that he didn't want to go out to eat, but would rather have French toast for dinner. I have to admit that I was happy about that. We didn't have to pack everything up for the little guys, and it was a lot cheaper too!
After dinner, we gave Carter his gift, Cabela's Dangerous Hunt 2011.
Next, it was time for cupcakes!
Carter is so funny, and knows how I am about pictures. He actually blew the candle out before I was ready with the camera. I didn't even have to say anything. He simply said, "Oh," and posed as if he was still blowing it out. What a character! You've got to love him!
Before bed, I asked him what the favorite part of his day was. He replied, "It's a tie between you surprising me for lunch and getting Cabela. Oh, and spending time with my family." He really is a kind and considerate kid young man and I consider myself very fortunate to be his mom. What a wonderful ten years it has been, and I look forward to many more decades together!
No comments:
Post a Comment