I absolutely hate exercising! But, this is the year that I want to conquer my weight issues. I didn't make it a New Year's resolution because I have done that for so many years now, that it just seems silly. I asked Kenny to bring the treadmill back in from the garage a few weeks ago. (It wasn't doing me much good out there.) I dusted it off and have been pretty faithful in using it. It's not easy because I can't just get on it any time I feel like it. The house rule is to only use it when Jacob and Ethan are sleeping. They are far too curious as to how it works, so we have to keep it unplugged when they're awake. I did find Ethan standing on it the other morning with the headphones on. It was the cutest thing! I went to grab my camera, but he was off and onto something else by the time I got back. A couple of weeks ago, I started out walking 2.5 miles about every other night. This week, I have walked during nap time AND also after the boys go to bed. I actually feel more energized after walking on the treadmill, than I do after a nap. No more naps for me, I've got work to do! I hope to fit into my pre-Ethan shorts this summer. It would also be nice to be able to run a 5K this spring. 2011~ You are the year!

OH MY WORD HOPE! I think we were separated at birth! I was going to do a post that was pretty similar to this! You must have been reading my mind! I definately have a love/hate relationship with the "dreadmill" as I so lovingly refer to it as. I did my walk today and was proud of myself for stepping it up by increasing the incline every 2 minutes. We'll have to do a 5K together! I have a long way to go before I'm ready for the mini marathon in May.
ReplyDelete