Sunday, November 24, 2013

Ugly Sweater Run 2013

We had quite the Family Fun Day today!  All six of us, along with my sister, Heidi, and her husband and my parents participated in the Ugly Sweater Run 5K in Indianapolis this morning.  It was only 22 degrees out when we arrived, but we had all layered up to brave the cold and had a really good time.

Here's the whole gang!

My little Massey family



This was my dad's first 5K.  I was so happy that he and my mom joined us.



We bundled Jacob up the best we could, but he ended up walking almost the last half of it and loved it!


 This was the first race that all six of us could participate in. Most races are on Saturdays, so Kenny and Megan are usually working.




Carter ran ahead of us to finish strong at the end, but the rest of us crossed the finish together.





Heidi and my dad took full advantage of the two free beers at the end of the run.  They only wished that they could have had the rest of ours since we didn't drink them.

 After the race, we walked to The RAM to eat lunch.  When we got back to our cars, I gave everyone an ugly sweater cookie that I made for the event. I found a cute kit for it at Walmart.  It was perfect!

Proceeds from the run benefited Toys for Tots.  Heidi and Brien brought toys to add to the barrels.

Family Fun Day was great! What's even better is that I get so see all of these fine folks again on Thursday.  I'll get to see my other sister and her family then too.  I hope they all know that they are part of what I am thankful for.


1 comment:

  1. That's a really fun theme for a race! Love the sweaters. And the cookies look amazing! I want one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...