Megan had a much needed eye appointment a couple of Fridays ago. She wore glasses in fifth grade, but seemed to slowly quit wearing them as directed. She finally got to the point where things were blurry and difficult to read, so she came to us asking to have her eyes checked again. Kenny scheduled the 2 o'clock appointment during Ethan and Jacob's nap time, so you can imagine how well that went. Kenny was working and the kids were out of school for the day, so I took all four tired kids by myself. Armed with sippy cups and a huge bag of toys, we ventured into the waiting area as Megan was called back to the examining room. After the exam, they asked me to meet her in the glasses shop on the other side of the building. That's when chaos broke out! I was trying to carry jackets, toys, the bag, keep an eye on all three boys (all of whom LOVED the abundance of glasses), and help Megan pick out frames. In the process, Ethan broke their fireplace screen, Jacob and Ethan both threw glasses on the floor, as Carter and I frantically tried to gather them up, and Ethan almost broke one of their mirrors. I got a glimpse of one of the receptionists rolling her eyes at another one, and I can't say that I blame her. I eventually ended up taking all three boys out to the car while a technician finished helping Megan pick out her frames. By the time it was all over with, I was sweaty, exhausted, and embarrassed!
Megan's glasses finally came in and I picked them up yesterday. Today was her first time to wear them to school. I think she looks pretty cute, and a little studious!
No comments:
Post a Comment