My sisters, Megan, and I had a little road trip this weekend. We traveled north to my cousin's wife's baby shower. There hasn't been a baby in the family since Jacob, so I am getting excited to meet the little one, once he or she arrives. We made a few stops along the way to fuel up on junk food. Probably the best purchase was at The Flying Cupcake. I love, love, love their Red Velvet Elvis cupcakes! They are red velvet cupcakes with chocolate chunks and cream cheese frosting. Delicious!
We stopped by my grandma's house to visit before heading to our hotel for the night. While there, we were able to see my Aunt Kris, Uncle John, cousins Erin and Brett, Brett's wife, Kate, my grandparents, and my parents. It was a houseful, and lots of fun.
Yesterday was the shower, and Kate was as cute as ever. She and Brett got lots of great new stuff for the baby and will be ready for the day that their precious little one enters the world. By the looks of everyone at the shower, it will be one lucky baby who is showered with lots and lots of love.
My sister, Heather, made the fondant cake animals for the top of the cake. She just free-handed them, and they looked just like the animals on the shower invitation.
My other sister, Heidi, made felt animals from the invitation too! Talk about talented sisters. I am in awe of the things they can do, and I know that Kate will treasure their handmade thoughtfulness.
As for me, I treasure time spent with family, so the upcoming arrival of a baby was the perfect reason to celebrate and visit with my family that I only see once or twice a year.
Awww...such great photos! I'm so sad that we couldn't be there. I'm glad you included the photo of Kate - she looks so cute. I'm anxious to know if it's a boy or a girl. I don't know how they can stand it!
ReplyDelete