Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Color Run!

The Color Run in Indianapolis was yesterday.  It's a fun run where, as you go through color stations, people throw colored corn starch on you.  It sticks to your sweat and makes you very colorful! Then, at the end, there is a huge color party.  They pass out packets of color and then count down.  When they get to 0, everyone just tosses their color everywhere!  It's a little hard to breathe, but a lot of fun.  Megan, my mom, and I spent the night with my sister, Heidi, so we wouldn't have to get up so early to make it to the race on time.  Plus, she's just fun!  We were hoping to meet up with my mom's friends, not everyone had their phones, so we weren't able to reach them.  Out of 11,000 people, they walked up to get in line the same time we did!  I was so happy that we were able to walk with them, and I know my mom was too.


















As we neared the finish line, it started to rain.  By the time we finished, it was pouring!  We didn't care because it felt so good and we weren't looking our best anyway.  It was just a really good time.  I am so proud of my mom for going the distance.  It was her first race, and she did it!  It was Megan's first race too.  Not many people can say that they have completed a 5K with their mom AND their daughter.  But, I'm happy that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...