Friday, August 2, 2013

Preparing for Kindergarten

Wow!  I have been super busy preparing to homeschool the boys this year.  I have done the homeschool preschool thing for a couple of years, but this year will be more structured because Ethan will be in kindergarten!!  I can't believe it!  
I spent 5 hours in the basement yesterday, going through books and supplies.  I also organized educational games and toys into areas.  I got a lot done, but there is still so much more to do and school starts in 2 weeks!
The photos are a little blurry because I took them with my phone, but you can see that I swapped out the little table for a larger one because we will be spending a lot more time there and needed more surface space.


The calendar area is basically the same as last year, but I am going to add place value and money pocket charts to count how many days we have been in school with straws and money.  I haven't made it to my favorite store in the world-Lakeshore Learning- to purchase them yet.  I will need to put blinders on when I get there because I could spend thousands of dollars in that store.  It is a true teacher's paradise!  Sometimes I lose control, so I may have to leave the debit card at home and just take cash.

This wall is in the basement, which is open concept, so the books are accessible to us while in school.  I bought some bins, that you can see on the right, to organize books my month, author, and subject.  And, as you can see, I still have hundreds of books to go through and will have to purchase a lot more bins.  Luckily, the Dollar Tree is great for that.
Well, things are coming along in preparation for this school year.  Two more weeks of hard work, and the year should run smoothly.  I am so happy to be in this house, where I actually have room to give Ethan and Jacob a school-like atmosphere, and to have a husband who has allowed us to take over the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...