Kenny was off today! He rarely gets a Saturday off so I was happy to get to spend the day together. He had to get up early to take the keys to the clinic, so he bought Square Donuts for all of us on his way back. Yum! After breakfast, we headed out to the farmer's market and then to the park. It was really hot out, so we didn't spend too long at either one.
At the park, we fed the geese and rode the train before hitting the playground.
This was our first trip to the park since Ethan learned to pump his feet by himself.
Jacob isn't afraid to go high...the higher, the better!
We were so hot at the park, that we called my parents to see if we could come over to swim after lunch. I'm glad they were home and told us to come on out. Ethan is getting braver in the water and finally let go of the ladder that he has been perched on for most of the summer. He walked all around the rim of the pool holding onto the side. Later on, he let go altogether! He never would have done that a few months ago!
After swimming, my dad taught Carter how to drive his tractor and split wood. Carter loved it, and he did really well, for the first time doing both.
He made a few trips to move some logs to the back of the property.
Wow! I guess my kids are growing up. Megan went to the Senior Picnic with her boyfriend today. Ethan pumped his legs on the swings and walked around the pool. Carter learned to maneuver a tractor and chop wood. At least Jacob didn't make any major move toward growing up today. I think I will get off of here and cuddle with him while he's still little!
No comments:
Post a Comment