Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Polar Express

Last night, Kenny and I took Ethan and Jacob to ride The Polar Express in French Lick, Indiana. It was so much fun, and just like the movie. I found the perfect pajamas for the event, but was disappointed when I saw that they were too expensive.  Then, as luck would have it, they went on sale for 20% off and then I had a coupon code for an additional 15% off. With our pajamas packed, we drove 3 hours south to the experience of a lifetime for our little boys.

Ethan and Jacob posed for a picture in the hotel lobby before heading out to the train.  Ethan chose to wear an elf  hat, and Jacob chose to wear a Santa hat.

Everyone had their picture taken in front of the engine.

 There was a heated gift shop tent to browse before boarding.  We spotted these adorable Polar Express conductor hats and couldn't resist.

 There was also a heated activities tent where the boys could write letters to Santa, play with trains, or write a message for Santa on the gigantic white board.


 After a short wait, it was time to board the train.  We rode in car F, which was really nice.  I paid a little extra to reserve a table for 4 and it was well worth the money.  The car was beautiful and we didn't have to fight for seats or worry that we wouldn't be able to sit together.







 The conductor came around and punched everyone's tickets just like he does in the book and movie.



 The book was read over the speakers and the conductor walked around showing the pictures to the kids.

 Then, we were served hot chocolate and cookies by the dancing bakers.


 All of the kids enjoyed getting up out of their seats to dance in the aisle with the elves.

 The boys each became an official member of the Brotherhood of Railroad Elves.


 The boys are looking at the lights at the North Pole.
They had no idea that Santa was getting ready to board the train.

 I caught Jacob's reaction when he saw him.

 He waited patiently for Santa to come to our table.

 Santa presented each child with a sleigh bell.



 After Santa left, there was more dancing on the way back to the station.

 We each got a souvenir mug for hot chocolate.

 One last picture with our dancing elves.

 Silly boys and the best of friends.
They melt my heart!





The Polar Express was so much fun.  The boys had a great time and Kenny and I enjoyed their excitement with the magic of it all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word. That has got to be one of the most adorable things I've ever seen. What a great idea! Conner would have FLIPPED to have had that when he was younger. What a great experience. Thanks for sharing it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...