Friday, April 25, 2014

Butler Registration Day!

Kenny and I took Megan to Butler today to register for her classes! She got her official school ID and her class schedule. As we were walking around and checking out all information booths, we discovered that Color Guard is offered as a class. Megan registered for it, so she will perform at some of the games and get her PE credit taken care of along with $100 towards her tuition. I am so happy that she will get to participate in an activity that she loves and possibly make some great friends. 
It was a fabulous day, but I did get a little teary-eyed when a speaker was referring to leaving your child at college being similar to the feeling of taking your child to their first day of kindergarten. I honestly don't even know what she said after that because I had to tune her out, look out the window, and focus on the students carrying a large blue thing across the lawn to keep from bursting into tears. Not only was I thinking about taking Megan to college and leaving her, but then I was thinking of Ethan going to kindergarten, and Jacob going to preschool. There is just so much happening all at once. If Carter had been one year older, I would have been thinking about him entering his first year of high school too. I love them all so much and it's hard to accept that they will all grow up, have lives of their own, and that I won't get to love on and interact with them daily as I do now.
As much as we will miss Megan, it is also exciting that she has the ability to take her life wherever she wants. The possibilities are endless, and the world is hers for the taking.


Go Butler Bulldogs!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Hope...I'm about to cry reading this. And then that photo at the end of Kenny holding her....uh. It all seems like it's gone by way too quickly, eh? But as you said, the world is hers for the taking. She should be so proud of all that she's accomplished.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...