Last Friday, we implemented "Friendly Friday" at our homeschool preschool. The boys' little friend, Kinsey, will be joining us for preschool on Fridays. Ethan and Jacob could not be more excited. To tell you the truth, I am just as excited as they are. Kinsey is such a sweet little girl, and we love spending time with her. She does some homeschool preschooling with her parents and grandparents, so it's nice that the kids can get together on Fridays and see someone other than just their siblings. I let Ethan and Jacob choose some activities that they wanted to share with Kinsey on the first day. We did the calendar, our notebooks, sang Dr. Jean songs, practiced counting, played the Rainbow Write Your Name Game, painted with foam marshmallows, read some books, recited the Pledge of Allegiance, practiced spelling rhyming CVC words, had snack and recess, and had free time. We got a lot done in the morning, and then Kinsey's mom and brother joined us for lunch. It was a lot of fun. Ethan had so much fun that he cried for Kinsey for almost a half hour after she left. He wanted her to come back so desperately. I explained to him that he will have lots of time to play with her when she comes to preschool. I have a feeling that Fridays will be their favorite days of the week from here on out. It's always nice to have a friend.
Hi Hope! I love this! I think that it's so great that you are teaching them. Isn't it the best thing ever? Getting to see them learn, and being the one to help them do so is just awesome! I'm glad that they have a friend with whom they can share some of their preschool time.
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing!! I look at all these pictures and I want you to be my mom!! LOL!!!
ReplyDelete