Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fun Times in Preschool

Jacob got a lot of new things for his birthday that are perfect for preschool.  Some of them are pattern blocks and pattern cards to go with them.  Both boys enjoyed playing with them on Monday.



Ethan took his time to make sure that everything was exactly the way it was supposed to be.  Jacob, on the other hand, put the pieces in the right place, but they were sometimes flipped the wrong way.  I am sure he will get the hang of it before long.
I also got out the lacing cards.  We have had them for awhile, but the boys are just now able to lace them independently.  I showed them how to go through one hole and them back up through the next, but they sort of made their own patterns. They were pretty proud of themselves even though the strings looked a little crazy.




Preschool with Kinsey on Fridays is a special treat for Ethan and Jacob.  It seems more "preschooly" when she is with us.  I have a lot of centers that I ordered from The Mailbox.  I spent last week putting all of them together so that we could use them in school.  As it turns out, the preschool centers have materials for the teacher and four students.  That works out perfect for us, because each of the three kids can use their own set and then I have one to model with if I need to.  The kindergarten centers that I bought have materials for the teacher and SIX students.  
I have made the decision to homeschool Ethan next year, so I am slowly building up my supplies.  I will be looking at curriculums soon.  He is really smart, but still has difficulty with fine motor skills, so it is best for me to work with him at home instead of sending him to school with such a strict time schedule.  I wouldn't want him to get poor grades and get frustrated simply because he couldn't complete assignments in the time allotted.





Things are going well, and I couldn't be more pleased with the boys' progress in school.

1 comment:

  1. Kinsey loves to come to school. Thanks so much for allowing her to come and be with the kids. I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...