Wednesday, January 9, 2013

More time with Carter

The boys and I have been able to spend a little extra time with Carter the past couple of days and it has been great!  Yesterday, he came home from school, did his homework, and then caught up with us on our walk around the subdivision.  As soon as the boys saw him running down the road, they yelled, "Yeah!!  Carter is coming!!  Carter is coming!!"  I think I was just as excited because I wasn't expecting him to come out.  I figured he would go play video games or find something else to do, but he chose to be with us, and that made me happy.



Today, Ethan and Carter had dentist appointments.  Their appointments were at 11:00 and Carter has PE second period anyway, so I let him stay home until after the appointment.  He was one happy kid about that!

(Poor Jacob couldn't handle the sun that was in his eyes.)

Ethan was such a big boy and did everything they asked him to do.  He even went with the hygienist to get an x-ray taken.  She commented on how well he did and said that most kids his age don't cooperate.  He was so cute and talked up a storm.  He even answered all of the questions that they asked him.  He seemed so mature! 
Ethan's x-rays showed that his permanent teeth are developing nicely, so I asked Dr. Steve if they would be regular size.  I have been worried about that since he baby teeth are extremely small.  He said that they will be just fine, so I was happy to hear that! 
Carter's x-rays, however, presented a problem.  They showed that his incisors are coming in across the top of his mouth like Megan's did, but in front of the baby teeth instead of behind them.  The same thing happened to me and really caused problems, so he has been referred to an orthodontist.  I will call tomorrow to schedule an appointment.  We just paid off Megan's $5,000 orthodontic bill and it looks like we might be picking up another hefty one.  At least we are familiar with the orthodontist, and I trust him.  Dr. Steve said that he may suggest monitoring it for awhile without getting too aggressive at this point.  That would be great and give us a break with the bills.
It has been nice to spend some extra time with Carter, but now I am counting down the days that he and Megan will be home for the summer.  We sure do miss them when they're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...