Thursday, January 31, 2013

Puppet Tree and Dress Up Rack

A few weeks ago, I mentioned to my mom that I would like to have a puppet tree for the boys' large collection of puppets.  She asked my dad if he could make me one.....and he did!  He actually bought a large post and was going to have some material left over, so I asked him if he could use it to make a dress up rack too.  He did, and they both turned out FANTASTIC!  I couldn't love them more.

Now THIS is what I call a puppet tree!  Ethan and Jacob love it just as much as I do.  They have loved their puppets, but have had to dig through bins and totes to find the ones they wanted.  The puppet tree allows them to see them all and easily spot the one (or two, or three...) that they want.

The boys also have a lot of boy dress up gear.  They are mostly superhero capes and masks, but there are a few others mixed in there as well.  These had been stored in a huge bin, which they dumped out every time they wanted to dress up.  But....

...this awesome rack is the perfect solution.  All of the gear is accessible, and we can hopefully avoid the piles of outfits on the floor.

The playroom looks so much better with our new additions.

Ethan and Jacob were inspired to put on a puppet show for Kenny and me tonight.  They kept calling it a "magic show".  I loved how they would peek up to make sure that we were still watching, and seeing the tops of their heads as they performed. Sometimes, Jacob would forget that he was supposed to be crouched down behind the chair and just stood up.  In any case, they were adorable.




It was a great puppet show.

Thanks to my dad for making the amazing puppet tree and dress up rack.  There are great additions to our playroom and truly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...