Monday, May 26, 2014

Camping

Ethan has really been wanting to go camping lately. Kenny told him that they would get the big tent out and go last night, but then he couldn't find it. He looked everywhere, but it was nowhere to be found, which is a bummer because it's a really nice tent and has only been used a couple of times. Thank goodness my parents have one and let us borrow it. The original plan was for Kenny and the two little ones to camp in our tent in the backyard, but when we couldn't find it, they decided to just camp at my parents'. We were pleasantly surprised to see their tent already set up and ready to go. Megan was camping for the weekend with her boyfriend's family and Carter was staying the night with friends. I was just going to go out to my parents to hang out for a bit and then go back home to be with the dog. But, once I was there and saw the boys' excitement I decided to camp out too. Once again, my parents came to the rescue by providing me with a sleeping bag, pillow, and even a foam mat.





We heard all kinds of wildlife. I was terrified of the coyotes and called my dad to make sure that we would be okay. He assured me that coyotes are afraid of people and we would be just fine, which we were. Everyone was able to fall asleep and we woke up early to my dad fixing a bacon, eggs, and pancake breakfast. That was nice! We talked to my parents for a bit before heading home to let our dog out. 
The boys loved it and I know that they can't wait to camp out again. Let's hope out tent shows up sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...