Monday, May 30, 2011

Time to Mow

Yesterday was the day that Kenny decided that it was time to teach Carter how to mow the yard.  We used to have a riding lawn mower, but after it broke down (the deck literally fell off), we just got used to using the push mower.  After all, it's pretty good exercise.  I was busy cleaning the house, and Kenny was replacing siding on the house and shingles on the shed, so it was the perfect time to teach Carter how to mow.  I was a little nervous about his feet getting run over by the blade as he pulled the mower back, so we stressed to him the importance of just pushing it forward, and just going around trees and shrubs instead of trying to mow up close to them.  Every couple of swipes, he would stop to get a drink, spray himself with the hose, ask Kenny a question....you name it, he did it!  Needless to say, he didn't get much done in the twenty minutes he lasted, so Kenny finally took over.  Manual labor is not Carter's thing as evidenced by this comment:
"Can't you just hire people to do this?  That's what I'm going to do when I'm older." 




1 comment:

  1. That's so funny, but he really did look like he was working hard!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...