Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ethan is now an official preschooler!

So, today was the big day!  Our little Ethan went to preschool for the first time!  I have never seen a kid so excited to be going to school.  He couldn't wait to get there to see Mrs. Head and the other boys and girls.  He kept talking about singing and dancing, and was beaming from ear to ear.  Walking into school was a huge production...Carter was leading Ethan into the building, Kenny was juggling Jacob and the video camera, and I tried to manage taking pictures while carrying Ethan's things.  I am sure we were a sight!  Once inside, we caused a traffic jam in the hallway while I tried to get perfect pictures of Ethan outside of his classroom.  I finally had to give that idea up and just go with the flow. There was way too much going on, so the pictures are too dark, and Ethan isn't really even looking at me.



Mrs. Head took Ethan into the classroom, and the rest of us followed.  She had to explain some paperwork to me, and Ethan was getting familiar with the teaching assistant.  I saw lots of cutie pies that I hope will be good little friends for Ethan!  As we were leaving, Kenny realized that I was still carrying Ethan's jacket.  I went back into the classroom to hang it up, and the teacher was laughing.  She said that Ethan had just announced to everyone, "I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!"  Instead of leaving in tears, as I feared I would, I left with a sense of peace and happiness.  I know that Ethan is going to love going to school, and it's what's best for him.  I take comfort in knowing that he wants to be there and that everyone cares about him.  And so... the next great chapter of his life begins!

1 comment:

  1. Ethan! We are so proud of you! How wonderful. And Hope, we are so glad that you feel at peace and we know Ethan is going to do great. Can't wait to hear all about his first day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...