Ethan and Jacob are excited about Christmas this year. Not about the fact that they will be getting presents, but about the decorations, especially the tree. They also like to see Santa and know that he delivers presents, but I don't think that they are expecting anything for themselves. Although Santa and presents are fun, I wanted to introduce them to the real meaning of Christmas. They absolutely LOVE all of their Little People toys, so I bought them the Little People Christmas Story. It was delivered this week, and they have had a ball playing with it! They love baby Jesus and know Mary and Joseph. Ethan can't quite get Joseph's name down, but he's close. It started out as, "Jesus, Mary, and Josus," and has now progressed to "Jesus, Mary, and Jofus". Jacob is confused by the camel. He kept calling it a horse, and now calls it a "camel horsey". In any case, it is fun to watch them play with it and I get to teach them a little bit about the birth of Jesus.
SO cute! Love the photo of Jacob kissing baby Jesus. My kids had this when they were little, and they loved it! Does it still play the music when you push down on the star? Now, they've graduated to their own small mangers in their rooms.
ReplyDelete