Friday, December 9, 2011

Trimming the Tree

We finally put up our Christmas tree on Saturday.  We were supposed to do it weeks ago, but life got busy and time got away from us.  Earlier that day, Kenny and I went to the mall to pick up our traditional Hickory Farms summer sausage and cheese.  Who doesn't like to snack on holiday treats while putting up the tree?







Everyone started out helping, but by the end, I was the only one really interested in putting the ornaments on the tree.  I didn't mind though, because we were all together.  The kids were wrestling with Kenny and I was looking at each of the ornaments, remembering when the kids made them and gave them to us.  We've gotten away from the classic ball ornaments, and now, most of our ornaments hold a special meaning.  As the years progress, our tree is filled with more handmade ornaments and family pictures...all things that we cherish.  I love to look at our tree and think of all that my family has put into it.

1 comment:

  1. Hope..these are great photos! Looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...