Oh boy! Our house has been filled with sickness this week and I will be glad when it is finally gone. It began with Ethan on Sunday, and then I had it on Monday. Luckily, Kenny was able to watch the boys in the morning and then head back to work in the afternoon when the boys took a nap. Tuesday, we thought things were better, and then Ethan and Carter were struck with it on Wednesday. Carter had gone to school that morning like any other day. Ethan started having diarrhea again and I was happy that I did not have to go anywhere. However.....the phone rang. It was Carter asking me to come pick him up at school because he had vomited. I explained to him that Ethan was also sick and told him to ask the health assistant if I needed to come into the building to get him, or if I could just pull up and have them send him out. Unfortunately, for me, she said that I needed to sign him out at the office, which wouldn't have been a big deal except for the fact that Ethan was sick. I said okay, hung up and proceeded to get us ready to head out the door. Just then, Ethan had another episode which required cleaning him up before we could actually go. I did think to put one of Jacob's pull-ups on him just in case it happened again, and I am glad I did! I got to Carter's school, parked the car, unbuckled the boys and then proceeded to the door to get rung in. We were almost to the door when Ethan shouted, "Mom! I just pooped in my pants again!" There was nothing I could do, so into the school we went...stench and all!
Ethan's illness lasted until yesterday. Carter ended up staying home on Thursday, and then was sick again last night and all of today. So far, Megan, Jacob, and Kenny have not gotten it, and I am hoping that I do not get it again!
I am glad that we all seemed to be relatively healthy on Tuesday, because Carter had a rocket project due on Wednesday. His teacher only gave the kids one night to decorate their rockets before having to launch them at school. After I picked Carter up from track practice at 5:00, we had to rush to Menard's to get spray paint and some duct tape. It was very cold and rainy, so we had to spray paint the rocket in the garage. I wasn't thrilled and thought that the teacher should have given the kids time to complete them over the weekend. The conditions were not ideal for spray painting, and it was getting late, so I hastily helped him, which proved to be a grave mistake! Carter meticulously assembled his rocket and then I attempted to show him the method used for spray painting. Well, I accidentally painted over the window that needed to be seen and was part of the grade. OOPS! We had to then, disassemble the rocket and completely rebuild the whole thing from square one! Luckily, we had two empty 2-liter bottles. If we hadn't, Carter would have been out of luck. We eventually got it done and it looked pretty good.
The rocket was launched yesterday during first period. Carter said that it went 308 feet. We don't know the final grade he received, but I am just happy that it is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment