Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Turtle and Swimming

We planned to go to my parents' house to swim today, so my parents called to tell us that a turtle was digging a hole in their yard, preparing to lay eggs.  We hurried to get there as soon as we could, but the turtle had finished laying her eggs and was on the move by the time we arrived.



This is where she buried her eggs.  I hope my parents notice when the babies hatch, and maybe we can watch them make their way to the pond.

The rest of the afternoon, we swam.  Jacob is all over the place with his puddle jumper, but Ethan is still hesitant to get in.  I hate that he is nervous, but love that he is facing his fear and getting in for a bit while I hold him.  For now, it's just one lap around the pool.  We will see if we can get him to stay in for extended periods of time by the end of the summer.  







He will sit on the ladder and put his feet in, which is more than he would do for most of last summer.
Ah, how I love the lazy days of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...