Monday, June 24, 2013

My Little Runner

Ethan's running camp is going great!  The big race that they are preparing for is a week and a half away, so they are running full force.  Today, Miss Sarah gave each of the kids an index card and had them run laps around the field for 15 minutes.  Each time they passed the clock, they had their card marked with a tally mark.  She wanted the little kids to make 3 or 4 laps and to try to run without stopping.  Ethan excitedly ran 9 laps, and with a smile on his face the whole time!  The goal was for the kids to run enough laps to equal the 119 miles that it takes to get to Holiday World.  I didn't hear the total, but I'm pretty sure they made it.

The happiest runner I have ever seen.

Here are all of the kids after camp tonight.  Ethan is on the right end, sitting on the ground.
I can't believe that running camp is a free program.  The kids all got shirts (the blue sleeveless ones), and they have gotten popsicles and other treats during camp nights.  There are several volunteers, mostly from The Wabash Valley Road Runners Association.  The volunteers are great with the kids and offer tons of encouragement.  It's nice to see people giving up their time to help kids learn the ins and outs of running so that they can lead healthy, active lives.  I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...