Monday, September 9, 2013

Return to the Rowe Center

I can't believe that Ethan began his sixth semester at the Rowe Center today!  We met Miss Megan, and she is fantastic!  I have a really good feeling about how things will go this fall.  She admitted that she was nervous about meeting us, but I would have never known if she hadn't told me.  She breezed through the assessments that need to be done the first few sessions without boring Ethan to tears.  Ethan was very attentive and answered all of the questions correctly.  I think he is going to score well on the vocabulary portion.  His articulation is a little off, especially with the /th/, /s/, /z/, and /l/, but other than that, he had no problems.  There are more assessments to be done so that Miss Megan can write out goals for the semester and I am anxious to see what they are.  Our supervisor from the first few semesters was in the building today, and she said that she can't believe how mature he seems and how well he is doing.  She was actually leaving when she saw me making my way to the observation window and decided to come back so she could see Ethan.  I absolutely love it there!  Everyone is so friendly and it is evident that they truly care about the clients.  We are looking forward to working with Miss Megan and achieving new goals this semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...