Saturday, September 15, 2012

Walk Now for Autism Speaks


Ethan, Jacob and I participated in the walk for Autism Speaks today.  Megan and Carter both had out of town school events, and Kenny was working.  I can't tell you how nice it is to finally feel like I can manage the two little ones on my own in large crowds without a stroller and diaper bag.  The fact that they like to be out among people and are pretty well behaved makes my life so much easier.  I don't feel confined to the house waiting for everyone else to come home.
We arrived at the fairgrounds pretty early so that I could gather some of the pamphlets and the boys could engage in the activities offered.  

The boys loved the safari bounce house.

There was also a huge assortment of musical instruments for the kids to try.  Jacob was getting into these fruit shaped music shakers.

This xylophone type instrument was one of Ethan's favorites.




 I think petting Banana Pudding, the pony, was one of the highlights of the day.

High-fiving Geoffrey the Giraffe from Toys R Us was too.


It was great to see so many teams there to support loved ones.  We weren't part of a team, but since Ethan is on the spectrum, we were happy to participate.

Ethan was fixated on the arrows along the route.  They were attached to the signs with velcro, and he kept taking them off and turning them.  All of them!  I had to follow along behind him and fix them all.  
I hope that a cure and better treatment for autism are discovered soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sure looks like they had fun, and for a great cause. They're getting so grown up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...