Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Monkey Joe's and Wonderworks

Last Wednesday was a relaxation day on vacation.  We stayed at the resort and swam in the afternoon.  Some of us took naps afterward and then we headed out to a late dinner at Chili's.  Thursday was rainy, so Kenny and I decided to come up with something to do so that we didn't sleep the day away from boredom in the room.  We found Monkey Joe's and thought we would check it out, and it just so happens that it was right next to Wonderworks, which gave us something else to do to pass the time.
Monkey Joe's is filled with bounce houses and arcade type games.  The kids played for a couple of hours, and were ready for some Ben and Jerry's after we left.










After our ice cream, Kenny stood in line for Wonderworks, while we waited in the car.  When he got to the front of the line, he called us and we got right in.  I feel bad that he stood in line for a half hour in the pouring down rain, but he said he was happy to "take one for the team".  Wonderworks is a hands-on museum for kids of all ages.  The building is really cool because it is upside-down.  Everything in the entryway is upside-down too.  After you purchase your tickets, you are sent through a tunnel that turns you upside down, so that when you enter the actual museum part, everything appears to be right-side up.  The kids thought that was pretty neat.


 This is not quite as easy as it looks.  Maria tried really hard to get each of the boys inside a bubble, and she eventually did it!


 Carter desperately wanted to try the bed of nails.

 And, since Carter did it, Ethan wanted to try it too.  He was so brave and was able to keep perfectly still.

 And, since both of his brothers did it, Jacob wanted to try it too!  I was afraid he would move and get stabbed with a nail, so we had him lay down on the bed, and I whispered to the guy to pretend that he was pushing the button and then we all cheered and told him how brave he was.  He was so proud of himself!



 Carter challenged Maria in a game of Mindball.  The object of this game to relax your mind more than the other person does.  The ball in the middle moves toward the player with greater brain activity.  So if you are more relaxed, the ball will eventually reach the opposite end and you will win.  Carter beat Maria and then I challenged Kenny.  I am pretty high strung and Kenny is laid back so we thought for sure that he would win. He even tried to stress me out by telling me that the vet had called about some issues regarding Riley, literally two minutes before it was our turn!  Stinker!  But, guess what?  I beat him!  The buzzer went off right away and we both couldn't believe it.





 I think Kenny had a good time in the jet simulator.


 Ethan and Jacob were fascinated by the giant Lite Brite.

Carter and Maria designed a virtual roller coaster and then got to take a virtual ride on it.  There were lots of flips.  I would have been sick, but they seemed to manage okay.  
It was a rainy day, but I am happy to report that we made the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...