Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The First Day of Summer!!!

Today was the first day of summer vacation for the kids!  Carter asked me to make a French toast breakfast to kick it off.  He loves it made with Texas toast and powdered sugar sprinkled on top.


Megan's not quite awake.

Her day perked up when I took her to get her driver's permit!  I can't believe that she is old enough to drive!  After dinner, we let her practice driving around the subdivision.  I started out in the car with her, but when she veered toward the light post, I jumped out and let Kenny take over!  There is only so much that my nerves can handle!  It took a couple of trips around the subdivision for her to get the hang of handling the vehicle.  Kenny then took her out on the country roads.  I was really nervous about that!




They made it home safe and sound, and she can't wait to get out and drive again!

2 comments:

  1. Megan...that is SO cool! I bet you are really excited. Can't wait to see it for myself. Be safe!! Don't make your mom and dad worry too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start to summer break!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...