Friday, June 17, 2011

Las Vegas!

Kenny and I were in Las Vegas from Saturday to Wednesday!  We had such a wonderful time.  We had never left our kids and gone on vacation, so I was very apprehensive about the trip.  I also had not been on a plane since 9/11.  But, once I got to the airport, my worries were gone. 
Kenny and I enjoyed spending time together and being able to talk without without being interrupted to get a sippy, change a diaper, intervene in a struggle over toys, answering the phone, etc...  I realized that Sunday was the first day in 2 years and 11 months that I had  not changed a diaper!  While we did miss our kids, we were able to talk to them every day, which was great! 
Kenny and  I only gambled the first couple of nights and realized that instead of throwing our money away, we should go shopping instead!  Loved it!  We bought all kinds of clothes for the kids at the outlet mall.  I bought a new Coach purse, sandals, and some earrings.  Kenny bought himself a shirt and some flip flops.  We went out to dinner every night.  We didn't hit any buffets that you hear about, but instead ate at Maggiano's, Wolfgang Puck's Spago, PF Chang's, and an authentic Indian restaurant. 
We also went to two shows while there.  The first one was Celine Dion.  It was amazing!  She is definitely the most gifted and talented singer that I have ever heard!  I loved the show and would love to see her again.  Kenny enjoyed it too.  The other show, was Penn and Teller.  It was a comedy/magic show.  Kenny had been wanting to see them, so he really enjoyed it.  Other than that, we toured the strip, had drinks by the pool, and toured hotels and casinos.  We did try to see a few wedding chapels, but we went after midnight and the area was shady, so we quickly turned around.  Something about 5-10 bail bond places on one block sandwiched between adult video stores, and littered with homeless people, told us that we were in a bad place.
All in all, we had a fantastic vacation!  We loved the climate, diverse population with all of the different languages, and the scenery.  We are looking forward to the next vacation.....if my parents want to watch the kids again!















1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a great time! So glad you all were able to spend time together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...