A few of my friends have recently posted about a day in their lives, and one of them has asked me to do the same. I don't know how interesting it will be, but here goes....
5:45 My alarm goes off and I get up, take a shower, brush my teeth, do my hair and makeup, get dressed and then head downstairs to monitor breakfast with the boys, which Kenny got up and started while I was getting ready.
6:45 I fix myself some waffles and try to get Jacob to eat. He has only been wanting to drink from a sippy lately instead of eating actual food. He did finally eat. Yeah!!
6:50 Kiss Kenny goodbye as he heads off to work.
6:50 Kiss Kenny goodbye as he heads off to work.
7:00 I unload the dishwasher and then load the breakfast dishes. I also send Carter upstairs to take his shower.
7:10 I change the little boys from their pajamas into their clothes for the day as they watch Little Einsteins, and then let the dog out. I also help Ethan choose something to take to Show and Tell at preschool, and get Carter's lunch money envelope ready.
7:25 I put on my shoes and start the car to warm up. I then start getting the little boys' shoes and coats on so they will be ready to go.
7:35 Everyone loads into the car. I drop Megan off at the high school, and then take Carter and Ethan to school. Carter gets dropped off around 8:05, and then the little boys and I wait in the parking lot until 8:15, which is the time Ethan's preschool starts. I unload Ethan and Jacob and walk them into Ethan's class, get Ethan settled, talk to his teacher for a minute, and then Jacob and I go home.
8:30 Jacob and I return home and I set out the Letter Factory Game for him while I start a load of laundry and fold a load that was left in the dryer from yesterday (or possibly the day before). Then, I put them away.
8:50 I put in the Letter Factory video for Jacob and check my email and Facebook. Next, I make the beds. Jacob likes to be my helper, so he follows me upstairs to help. Megan and Carter are supposed to make their own, but that didn't happen today, so I did it.
9:20 The tv is turned off and Jacob and I play cars and activities at the table in the play room. We also read books together.
10:35 Jacob and I get ready to go pick Ethan up from preschool. We are home by 10:50.
10:50 Ethan and Jacob play with the toys that are out in the playroom, while I dust and vacuum the downstairs and let the dog out.
11:05 Lunch for the three of us.
11:25 Quick clean the kitchen while Ethan and Jacob play with the balloons from Carter's birthday. I also switch the clothes from the washer to the dryer and start a new load.
11:30 Ethan asks to watch Octonauts, so we all sit down to watch it. (I quickly clean the downstairs bathroom during the first few minutes of the show and then join the boys.)
12:00 TV is turned off and we do puzzles, play with the Little People barn and do felt board songs and stories.
1:15 Ethan's very first speech language pathologist from First Steps comes for a visit with her adorable one year old.
2:50 Carter comes home from school and does a quick, "Hello" and then heads to his room to play video games.
3:15 Shannon and Cooper leave, and the little boys and I straighten up the house.
3:30 We have a snack.
3:50 Megan comes home from school and asks for help finding her phone, which is on vibrate, so it is a little difficult.
4:20 I find Megan's phone! Yeah!
4:30 I sit down to check my email and Facebook while Carter plays in his room, Megan packs to go to a friend's house, and Ethan and Jacob watch Leap Frog's Back to School video. During this time, I also fold the first load of laundry that I started this morning and switch the second load from the washer to the dryer.
5:00 I load the kids in the car and take Megan to a friend's house for the night.
5:35 We return home and Kenny is home from work. Ethan fell asleep in the car and has a colossal meltdown about wanting to get back in the car. Kenny and I both try to calm him down for the next 30 minutes.
6:30 We eat dinner.
6:50 I load the dishwasher and clean the kitchen.
7:00 I give Ethan and Jacob a bath, put lotion on them, and put them in their pajamas.
7:15 While Kenny plays with the kids, I fold the last load of laundry and put it away.
7:30 I sit down in the living room to relax for a few minutes and watch everyone play.
8:00 Kenny and I take Ethan and Jacob upstairs to brush their teeth, read books, say their prayers, and tuck them in.
8:20 I start another load of laundry.
8:30 Carter and I play the card game Spot It. Then, Kenny and I play it.
8:45 I watch tv with Carter and Kenny while I work on this blog.
9:15 I switch the third load of laundry for the day from the washer to the dryer. Then, since Kenny and Carter are watching basketball and some movie that I have no interest in, I am going to head upstairs to watch some tv in my nice comfy bed. I will, no doubt, fall asleep during something that I really want to see, only to wake up as the credits are rolling. Happens all the time! You know, when you're really tired, your eyelids are burning, and you think you are just going to "rest" your eyes for a minute? I thought so!
And there you have it! I doubt anyone in Hollywood will be contacting me to do a show called The Real Housewives of Vigo County!
10:35 Jacob and I get ready to go pick Ethan up from preschool. We are home by 10:50.
10:50 Ethan and Jacob play with the toys that are out in the playroom, while I dust and vacuum the downstairs and let the dog out.
11:05 Lunch for the three of us.
11:25 Quick clean the kitchen while Ethan and Jacob play with the balloons from Carter's birthday. I also switch the clothes from the washer to the dryer and start a new load.
11:30 Ethan asks to watch Octonauts, so we all sit down to watch it. (I quickly clean the downstairs bathroom during the first few minutes of the show and then join the boys.)
12:00 TV is turned off and we do puzzles, play with the Little People barn and do felt board songs and stories.
1:15 Ethan's very first speech language pathologist from First Steps comes for a visit with her adorable one year old.
2:50 Carter comes home from school and does a quick, "Hello" and then heads to his room to play video games.
3:15 Shannon and Cooper leave, and the little boys and I straighten up the house.
3:30 We have a snack.
3:50 Megan comes home from school and asks for help finding her phone, which is on vibrate, so it is a little difficult.
4:20 I find Megan's phone! Yeah!
4:30 I sit down to check my email and Facebook while Carter plays in his room, Megan packs to go to a friend's house, and Ethan and Jacob watch Leap Frog's Back to School video. During this time, I also fold the first load of laundry that I started this morning and switch the second load from the washer to the dryer.
5:00 I load the kids in the car and take Megan to a friend's house for the night.
5:35 We return home and Kenny is home from work. Ethan fell asleep in the car and has a colossal meltdown about wanting to get back in the car. Kenny and I both try to calm him down for the next 30 minutes.
6:30 We eat dinner.
6:50 I load the dishwasher and clean the kitchen.
7:00 I give Ethan and Jacob a bath, put lotion on them, and put them in their pajamas.
7:15 While Kenny plays with the kids, I fold the last load of laundry and put it away.
7:30 I sit down in the living room to relax for a few minutes and watch everyone play.
8:00 Kenny and I take Ethan and Jacob upstairs to brush their teeth, read books, say their prayers, and tuck them in.
8:20 I start another load of laundry.
8:30 Carter and I play the card game Spot It. Then, Kenny and I play it.
8:45 I watch tv with Carter and Kenny while I work on this blog.
9:15 I switch the third load of laundry for the day from the washer to the dryer. Then, since Kenny and Carter are watching basketball and some movie that I have no interest in, I am going to head upstairs to watch some tv in my nice comfy bed. I will, no doubt, fall asleep during something that I really want to see, only to wake up as the credits are rolling. Happens all the time! You know, when you're really tired, your eyelids are burning, and you think you are just going to "rest" your eyes for a minute? I thought so!
And there you have it! I doubt anyone in Hollywood will be contacting me to do a show called The Real Housewives of Vigo County!
My goodness, that's a lot!
ReplyDeleteWe love the game Spot It in our family too! It always comes out to restaurants with us!
I'm exhausted reading that! I need to step up my game quite a bit! I wouldn't be able to function getting up that early!
ReplyDelete