Thursday night, Megan had her first sleepover in the new house. She and her friends went to the county fair and then came home for a sleepover. It was so nice to finally have a basement where she could entertain her friends without having her parents or little brothers around. Also, since the little ones are two floors away, the girls could talk and giggle without disturbing anyone. When kids are in the basement, Kenny and I turn on the bathroom fan, and then we can't hear anything either. The new house setup is working out great!
On Friday, the girls decided they were going to go see a movie. When I hollered to Carter to get his shoes on so that we could take them, I got the funniest look from one of Megan's friends. She politely told me that they didn't need me to drive them because their friend, Taylor, was going to be driving. I guess I didn't realize that any of her friends had had their license for over six months. It was a very strange feeling to be letting Megan go out in a car full of teenagers with no parent! Of course, I captured the moment with my camera.
Megan is in the backseat giving me a thumbs up to assure me that everything will be okay.
And there they go! My daughter and her friends, exploring their sense of freedom. At least I know she has good friends and a good head on her shoulders. That being said, I did breathe a sigh of relief when she came back through the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment