Monday, July 16, 2012

Stepping Stone

Awhile back, I bought a stepping stone kit.  I wanted to make stepping stones with the kids' handprints in them for the front walkway.  So, on Friday, I told Ethan and Jacob that we were going to make something special and they got super excited about it.  I laid out all of the materials and covered our work area.  I even read through the directions before starting the project, which is rare for me.  I mixed everything together, took a picture, and by the time I went to put their hands in it, the cement had already dried.  It was literally less than a minute.  We were all three disappointed, especially Jacob, since it was his hand, and then his foot that I was trying to feverishly smash into the cement!


I added more water to the top so that it was soft enough to add the decorative jewels.


They ended up being pretty proud of their work and we set it out on the porch to dry.  Unfortunately, after it dried, we tried to take it out of the mold and it crumbled to pieces!  I hope to find a decent stepping stone kit and try it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...