Carter spent part of last week completing a math packet for a friend of mine. She needed to test out the math workbook that she and her friends created in grad school, and Carter fit the age group. I asked him if he would be willing to help her out and he said that he would. When he saw the workbook, he changed his mind, but it was too late!
The next part is classic Carter!
Me: Carter, I asked you if you would be willing to help her out with some math stuff for school, and you said that you would.
Carter: Yeah, but I didn't know I had to actually do math!
Me (in my head): Oh how I wish this was a common sense packet.
Anyway, it wasn't hard, and didn't take long to complete, it just wasn't something that he wanted to do.
After we dropped off the completed packet, I told him that I would get him a little something for being a trooper and just getting it done. He picked out a St. Louis Cardinals tattoo sleeve and thinks he is oh so cool.
As far as real tattoos go, I hope that none of my kids go down that route. Megan has already been talking about some that she wants to get. Kenny and I have been trying to explain to her that what she thinks is cool at 16, 17, and 18, will most definitely not be what she considers cool in the future, and that tattoos really don't look professional, especially when you want to become a doctor. My hope for the future, is that none of my kids do anything to permanently alter their bodies and become something that they regret.
Oh no! No tattoos for the babies! Tell Megan she will regret it. Just say "NO" Megan!
ReplyDelete