Carter and I participated in the Santa Hustle 5K in Indianapolis today with my sister, Heidi, and had so much fun! The weekend was great, actually. I don't get to see my sisters as often as I would like to, since we live in separate cities and I am pretty busy with my kids. So, spending the night at Heidi and Brien's was extra special. We arrived at around 5:00 last night and went to eat and then came home to play vintage Atari. Heidi and I can pretty much tear it up on Ms. Pac-Man even after all these years! We played some of my other favorites like Frogger and Donkey Kong too.
This morning, we got up bright and early to go to the race. The weather was great! I thought for sure it would be cold, but it was very mild for December....in the 50s! For registering, we got a Santa shirt, hat and beard. Along the route, you could stop for M&Ms and cookies as well as water and Gatorade. We did more walking than running, but that's okay. Heidi kept telling me that we were lapping everyone on the couch.
I loved spending time with Heidi and Brien, and Carter too! Carter said that this weekend was the best one of the whole year. Maybe these races will offer us the chance to spend more time together without the distraction of his little brothers.
I'm going to put The Santa Hustle on my list of activities to do next year!













No comments:
Post a Comment