Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bad Luck

Yesterday was the day of bad luck.  Four to five inches of snow forced us to cancel Carter's lazer tag party with his friends.  He was so disappointed, and I was disappointed for him.  He had been looking forward to it all week, and had called everyone the day before to confirm that the party was still on and not canceled due to the ice storm.  We didn't anticipate the snow, so after Kenny came home from work, and reported that the roads were getting slick, we decided that it would be in everyone's best interest to postpone the party until next Saturday.  Carter was devastated and started to cry, and then I started to cry because he was crying.  It was quite a cry fest.  Carter did get to play at a friend's house in the subdivision in the afternoon, and then after the roads were cleared, he was able to spend the night with a friend who lives nearby.  At least part of the day was salvaged and not a total loss for him.  So happy for that!
The next string of bad luck hit Kenny's mom.  She was trying to help someone whose truck got stuck on her hill.  In the process, she fell and broke her ankle.  She spent the night at the hospital, and is in surgery this morning.  I guess it's a good thing that we canceled Carter's party, because Kenny was needed elsewhere.  I have my fingers crossed for us all that this week turns out better than last week did.
We did have some good times too.  Here are a few pictures from last week:













1 comment:

  1. Great pictures...you need to get some of yourself too! Too bad about Kenny's mom. I felt so bad when you said Carter was crying, but at least you were able to sort of salvage the evening. I'm ready for things to get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...