Friday, February 4, 2011

Play-Doh Story Time

While searching the Play-Doh section at Walmart, I came across this...


I didn't know there was such a thing!  There were also two other stories.  One was Hansel and Gretel, and I can't remember what the other one was.  I will have to check the next time I run to Walmart.  The box says ages 3 and up, but I thought that Ethan would like it, so into the cart it went.
The contents include everything you see in the picture plus a story mat, which has a scene on one side and the story to read on the other.  The plastic pieces have molds in them to make little Play-Doh storytelling props.  How cute! The brick house opens to reveal a mold for the three little pigs.  The outside of the house can be used to make little bricks. (Though, I found them a bit hard to get out without tearing them up.)

Here are the three little pigs.  The one on the top is my favorite.

The first little pig made his house out of straw.

The second little pig made his house out of sticks.

The third little pig made a house out of bricks.
The blob to the right used to be the pig....poor little guy!
He was no match for Ethan's excited grip.

There is even a hole in the big, bad wolf, so you can huff and puff!

Here is Ethan trying to make some more pigs.
It's really too hard for a two year old.
(as stated on the box, but I didn't listen)

We went through the story a couple of times,
but he was more interested in playing with the wolf and the houses.

The best part of activity time was that Carter was home from school and joined us!

He taught Ethan how to fill the molds to make the props.
They even made different colored pigs.

Ethan enjoyed his new Play-Doh activity, and playing with his brother!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...