Saturday, February 19, 2011

Window Crayons

For occupational therapy, Ethan is supposed to be working on making marks on a paper, or coloring.  Teach Preschool had a wonderful idea that gives kids something to write on without have a million papers scattered around.  It's window crayons by Crayola! 


I put a piece of printer paper inside the frame for the background.  At Teach Preschool, they even drew lines or wrote out words on the background paper to serve as a guide for kids to practice their writing skills.  They also had circles, for kids to create different faces. Since Ethan is in the prewriting stage, I am just letting him practice making marks, and getting used to holding a crayon. 

As you can see, he still needs help with his form.

The finished masterpiece!


When finished, just clean with window cleaner, and start all over again!  I used a paper towel, but that kind of defeats the purpose of saving the printer paper.  So, I will probably get a "crayon rag" that I will be able to reuse.
Thanks, Teach Preschool, for a wonderful idea!  Ethan loves it!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...