Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Breakfast Burritos

I haven't officially started my batch baking, but occasionally, I will make a dish for dinner, and make an extra one for the freezer.  I hardly had to cook dinner at all last week because I had made extras the week before.  It was such a time saver since I didn't have to prepare anything or clean up the kitchen afterward. 
Today, I made a batch of breakfast burritos.  They are super simple to make and a snap to heat up in the microwave during those hectic mornings.

I only used three ingredients:  sausage, eggs, and tortillas.

I browned the sausage, drained it, and then transferred it to a bowl.

Next, using the same pan, I scrambled the eggs.

I returned the sausage to the pan and mixed it up with the eggs.

I warmed the tortillas in the microwave to make them pliable.  Afterward, I put a spoonful of the mixture in the center of the tortilla,

folded it burrito style, wrapped it in a paper towel,

and placed it in a dish.

After getting all of them situated in the dish, I put the lid on and placed it in the refrigerator.  Now, when the kids want a quick burrito for breakfast, all they have to do is take one out, microwave it for 20 seconds and enjoy!  They do need to be microwaved in the paper towel to avoid drying out the tortilla.  

*  Be sure to check on your little ones often, because while you think they are quietly playing like this:


They could actually be doing something like this:
(Making over your couch...one cushion at a time!)

1 comment:

  1. Those look great! Do you use the whole dozen eggs? Do you think you could freeze these? Poor couch! You do have to worry if they are being too quiet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...