I remember, as a little girl, making crayon and wax paper shapes. They are super simple and kids seem to love them. Since they are a fond memory of mine, I wanted to share the activity with my kids. Megan and I made them when she was younger, but I don't remember ever making them with Carter. I asked him if he wanted to help me make some to decorate the windows for Valentines Day, and he said that he did.
First, he had to make crayon shavings. We used red and pink.
Afterward, he used cookie cutters to trace heart shapes.
Finally, he cut them out.
And this is what we ended up with!
I thought that he was going to help me tape them to the windows, but he wanted to watch the Grammys, so Ethan helped instead.
Last week, Ethan and I worked on the words big and little, so he was fascinated by the cookie cutters and heart shapes. He was able to sort the shapes by size and say, "big heart" and "little heart".
We are now ready for Valentines Day tomorrow!
What a great idea!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun activity!
ReplyDelete