Thursday, August 25, 2011

Open House


Tonight was Carter's Open House.  I still can't believe that this is his last year in elementary school!  It was nice to see his classroom and a few things that he has done in class.  His teacher, Mrs. Menestrina, has high expectations, but is nurturing as well.  I just know that he is going to have a fantastic year!  Since you couldn't be there with me, I took some pictures of things that were on display.

This was "Who Am I?"  The teacher had all of the kids fill one of these out and then taped them to the chalkboard.  The parents then had to guess which one was their child's.  Carter's was pretty easy since he stated his siblings' names!

On each desk, was an "All About Me" puzzle.  It was harder to put together than it looks!  I love that Carter described his family as very fun!  He is also so caring that he was worried that he had hurt my feelings by saying that the person he most admires is his dad.  I tried to assure him that it was fine, but I could tell that he felt bad.  The truth is, I want all of my kids to admire their dad.  He is such a strong, hard working man who does everything that he can to provide the best for our family.  He is also very patient and loving.  It warms my heart to know that Carter acknowledges all of the wonderful qualities in his dad and that he strives to be just like him.
I enjoyed Open House with Carter and am so very proud of the good student he has become through the years.  I look forward to all that he will accomplish in the year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...