Monday, August 1, 2011

Ready for Medical Genetics

Tomorrow is our appointment with Medical Genetics.  While I have been hoping to get some answers regarding Ethan's health, I am a little apprehensive.  Some of Daughtry's lyrics keep playing in my head, "Be careful what you wish for, cause you just might get it all...and then some you don't want."  I want to hear that he's fine, or that he has a syndrome that is minor and won't negatively impact his future or shorten his life span.  I honestly don't know what I will do if I hear otherwise. 

I spent the morning mulling over all of Ethan's old paper work from First Steps.  I pulled out his evaluations and quarterly progress reports.  I was amazed to see how far he has come, yet saddened when I realized how quickly his younger brother is catching up to him.  While I want the best for Jacob, it will be a little sad to see him pass Ethan up developmentally.  Being only 18 months apart, I fear it won't be long.

As I head off to bed tonight, I will be praying that we hear good news tomorrow.  I will also thank God for all of the blessings in Ethan's life.  He is such a sweet, kind-hearted little boy who loves his family, Riley blankie, oval doors, and stop signs.  While he has his struggles, I know that things could be far worse, and I am so thankful that they're not.  Whatever comes our way...we will take it one day at a time.


1 comment:

  1. Praying that you get the answers and the peace that you need about this situation!

    And how can you resist that face? So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...