Last night, after I gave the little boys a bath, I was in their room putting them into their pajamas and getting them ready for bed. All of a sudden, I heard a loud noise from the hallway and some weird sounds coming from Carter. I hollered out to him to see what had happened. He hobbled down the hall, holding his foot, and told me that he had been running to the bathroom when he caught his pinkie toe on Megan's doorway. I'm glad that I didn't see it right away, because he said that it bent sideways to a 90 degree angle and then sort of snapped back. By the time I had a chance to look at it, it was pretty red and swollen, and his foot was starting to bruise. He claimed that he couldn't put any weight on it, so he skipped his shower and went to bed. It was a little after 9:00, which is his bedtime anyway, so not a big deal. I called Kenny, and he said that he would take a look at it when he got home. That turned out to be at about midnight, and he said that it looked fine.
This morning, Kenny woke Carter up to go eat breakfast. Once again, Carter was unable to put weight on his foot, and didn't think that he would be able to take a shower or walk at school. We decided to keep him home and take him to have his foot x-rayed. Come to find out, his pinkie toe is broken.
Here is the dialogue from our car ride home (I was talking to Kenny on the phone, and he had just told me that the toe was broken after reading the films at the hospital):
Carter: Is it broken?
Me: Yes.
Carter: (with a huge smile) YES! (sees the look on my face, and quickly changes his expression) Um....I mean, NOOOOOOOOOO!
Me: Dad says you will have to stay off of it and use crutches for about a week or so.
Carter: (with a frowny/somewhat confused/somewhat disappointed face) WHAT? I wanted crutches for like 2 months or something!
Me: Trust me, it's better this way. That would not be any fun.
Carter: Man! That was gonna be cool!
Our dialogue at home (my mom was there because she watched the boys while I took Carter to the hospital):
Me: That means no trampoline or playing at the courts.
Carter: I can play video games!
Me: Great! He's going to lose his eyesight next.
My mom: He'll have carpal tunnel!
LOL! I love the conversation! That is so funny!
ReplyDelete