Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mulching and a Little Exploring

We finally have signs of spring around the yard!  Kenny was able to get off of work early today, so he took advantage of the nice weather to lay down some much needed mulch.  (We didn't get any last year.)  Carter was a great helper and Ethan helped (for awhile). 

Here's Carter, ready to help, and.....YES, he is sporting a Hustler hat!  (Long story!)

Carter and Kenny shoveled the mulch into the wheelbarrow and then Kenny transported it around the house.  They spread it with their hands, and of course, Ethan thought that this was where he was needed.


Jacob took interest in seeing the mulch shoveled into the wheelbarrow.

It was so cute to see him wanting to be like the big guys!

Then, he must have been overcome by the love that he has for his daddy, because he was all over him!

Soon after that, he was off to explore his surroundings. 
He has been enjoying discovering all kinds of things in the yard.
This is his favorite place to sit...

He also likes to climb up and down the deck stairs.

Lastly, he discovered the white flowers on the magnolia tree/bush. 
(I don't really know which one it is.)


I think he was trying to smell the flower,
but all he got was a face full of branches.
Poor little guy!

While the boys enjoyed working in the yard today, there is still a lot to be done.  We need two more loads of mulch, and the weeds are endless.  I think we might be contacting someone about having it professionally treated.  I hope they don't laugh in my face on their first visit!  It really is ridiculous how sad our lawn looks! 

I love that Ethan is becoming independent and Jacob can walk on his own and explore the great outdoors.  I look forward to all that we will do as a family this summer!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a nice day of family fun...even though you all were working.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...