Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter at My Parents'

After Kenny left for work on Easter morning, it was time to get everyone ready to go to my parents' house to celebrate Easter with my side of the family.  I was disappointed that Kenny wouldn't be joining us, but I have lots of helpers in my family, so I managed just fine.
First, we ate lunch.  There was a little bit of everything:  sandwiches, wraps, fruit, macaroni and cheese, baked beans, hummus, chips, and the list goes on.  It was very tasty.  My sister, Heidi also brought homemade hot cross buns (my dad's favorite Easter treat) and vegan pumpkin muffins.  My other sister, Heather, brought some beautiful cake truffles.  They were almost too pretty to eat.
After lunch, the kids were more than ready to start the Easter egg hunt.  It wasn't raining during the early afternoon, so we were able to hold the hunt outside. 

My dad lined everyone up to go over the "rules" for hunting.
Just like old times....no one is listening!  Haha!

Jacob and Ethan easily found the ones in the yard.




The special, larger eggs were all hidden in the pirate ship.  Everyone, including adults, has three eggs with their name on them.  They have the bigger, better candy!

I think Heidi loves hunting for eggs as much as the kids do! 
She likes hunting for mushrooms too, which she did later in the rain.

Megan helped me find my eggs.

Looks like Heather and Nicholas found a green one!

And a yellow one....even if it did say Brien!

A picture of all of the grandkids and their name eggs.


These last two are my favorite pictures of the day!

After the egg hunt, we all went inside, where the kids chowed down on their loot.  I knew that Carter would eat some of it, but I had no idea that he would down the whole bag in about 15 minutes!  (Later that night, he was complaining of a stomachache.)  My mom offered to entertain Ethan and Jacob so that I could play a game with Megan, my sisters, and my dad.  It was so nice to laugh and visit with everyone.  For the most part, the kids played and watched movies, the guys watched hockey, and the rest of us snacked!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter as much as we did!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! We sure do miss everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...