I have been seeing posts on Facebook about how this is a record breaking year in terms of the amount of mushrooms people have been finding. Kenny was working again tonight, so the kids and I thought that it would be nice to try to find some mushrooms for him. He loves them! I happen to know the perfect place to hunt for mushrooms, so I packed up the four kids and headed to....Grandma and Grandpa's!
First off, everyone had to sport the proper "Hutchison mushroom hunting attire"...
This includes: long pants, "grandpa hat", and the ever-popular mushroom hunting stick. My dad even carved a mushroom on the top of his special stick.A potato sack completes the ensemble.
Grandma entertained Jacob while the rest of us went on our quest for mushrooms.
Grandpa found the first one and let Ethan inspect it, so that he would know what we were looking for.
This was his first mushroom hunting experience!
Megan and Carter each found one with Grandpa's help.
Grandma helped Ethan find one too.
She also tried to teach him how to pick it without tearing the top off.
(A few more lessons required.)
There were a lot more mushrooms to be found.
The very last mushroom that I found was a "twin mushroom"! So funny, since I'm a twin.
Finally, Grandma, Ethan, and Jacob came to find Grandpa and me to tell us that it was time to wrap up.
(Megan and Carter were ready to go home for dinner.)
I didn't appreciate living in the country when I was growing up, but I am more than thrilled that my kids get to experience all that they do when at my parents' house. It is a nice little getaway, and we make memories there that the kids and I will cherish forever.
















Love the photos Hope! Sounds like a fun filled day. Always good to see your Mom & Dad too. Tell them we said 'hi'. It's been fun reading your blog again!
ReplyDeleteLooks like they had a great time! I love your dad's walking stick! My kids always have to have one when they go too.
ReplyDelete