Saturday, April 16, 2011

Kohl's Shopping Spree

I am really into saving money lately.  I don't work (for an income other than smiles and hugs), so what I save by shopping sales and using coupons, is like money in the bank to me.  I love maximizing Kenny's hard earned paychecks!  I truly appreciate all that he does to provide for us, so I like to help out where I can. 

A few weeks ago, I earned $20 in Kohl's cash, which was set to expire tomorrow.  I had planned all week on running there to buy some shirts and shorts for Ethan and Jacob because they are desperately in need of summer clothing in their size.  Ethan has a few shirts and no shorts, while Jacob has a ton of shorts and no shirts.  Somehow, Ethan grew super fast and basically skipped right over the 2T shirt size, leaving us no hand-me-downs for Jacob.

My mom happens to have a Kohl's charge card and frequently gets mailers with attached coupons.  They are usually for 15, 20, or 30% off of everything.  This time, she was surprised to find that hers was worth 30% off, so she called to see if I wanted to go shopping with her.  Of course, I said that I did!  She was kind enough to let me make my purchases on her charge card (so that I could receive the 30% discount), and then I just repaid her with a check.  On top of that, we went shopping during the "Early Bird" shopping hours, which saved me even more! 

Here is the breakdown of my "shopping spree":

I got 6 shirts for this little cutie....

I got 6 pairs of shorts and 4 shirts for this little guy...

I also got 4 shirts for myself.
(I have been wearing maternity shirts for the last three summers, so I'm long overdue.)

That's a total of 6 pairs of shorts and 14 shirts!
I purchased all of them for only $93.22!

By using my mom's 30% off coupon, I saved $37.34.
I got $20 off by using my earned Kohl's cash.
By purchasing sale items and "Early Bird" specials,
using the coupon,
and redeeming my Kohl's cash, my
total savings =$221.88!
I also earned $10 more in Kohl's cash, which I can use starting on Monday.

Boy, do I love bargains!
Thanks, Mom, for thinking of me!  That trip made my day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you got some really good deals!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...