I took the boys fishing at my parents' house this morning. The weather was beautiful and the fish were biting, so it was perfect. We started out using hot dogs as bait and caught a few, and then used gear from the tackle box to catch a few more. I had more fun using the rubber worms than the hot dogs. I guess I don't have the patience to sit and watch the bobber. I would rather cast and reel in. I think the boys share in my lack of patience too. Jacob's interest lasted about 15 minutes initially, but we were able to spark it again by letting him "catch" the fish that we caught in his fishing net.
Some tears were shed over who was going to be Carter's helper, but they didn't last long.
Ethan and Jacob played on the pirate ship for awhile before we headed in for drinks and brownies.
We had a great time and will have to do it again before school starts.
No comments:
Post a Comment